May 29, 2018
After a whirlwind trip to Colorado's Western Slope last week, we are finally home and trying to relax. We had a great time, though. David was teaching a Responsible Liquor Class to owners and employees of liquor establishments on the Western Slope. After three days of the class, I think I could now pass his test!
Living in the country with 35 acres is no picnic! Weeds grow everywhere, and one must keep up to make the yard look presentable. We finally decided to have our friend plant some barley in spots where nothing else grows. Since it doesn't get irrigation water, we planted early in the spring so it would receive moisture from Mother Nature. What a brilliant idea! It is now coming up nice and thick! Hopefully that will keep most of the goatheads from popping up! Those spread like wildfire if not kept under control...much like the Canadian thistle that thrives in our yard, if we'd let it!
I haven't had much time in my garden lately. As I get older, it just doesn't have the same excitement of seeing my little seedlings come up...but, I did get a few things in the ground. I just can't believe it is almost June, and I am just now planting my garden!
Stampin' Up!
No comments:
Post a Comment