Tuesday, September 25, 2018

September 25, 2018

September 25, 2018

 Trying to get caught up with some leftover "chores" from this past weekend...whew, still lots to get done! 

I am going to try to get to this blog a lot more regularly, but who knows...it might be another 6 months before I get on again! I must get a schedule going with this!




 Dream Big


 I was busy last week trying to think of a card for my card ladies to make. Since I have not a creative bone in my body, I saw this on a You Tube (or was it a Facebook Live) demonstration. Since we are Stampin' Up! demonstrators, we believe in helping each other out. I CASE-d (Copy And Share Everything) this card. Perhaps it was Dawn Griffith, Dawn's Stampin' Thoughts, or maybe Dena Renkow...but in either case, I loved this card!



Stampin' Up! Stamp Set: Follow Your Dreams

Base Card: Crumb Cake Card Stock     5.5" x 4.25"  
1st Mat: Powder Pink 5.25" x 4"  Stamped with the mini sun image
2nd Mat: Whisper White: 4.24" x 3.25" Stamped with dream catcher image toward the top with Soft Suede Ink, and the work BIG in rich razzleberry ink in the lower right corner.

Die Cuts: "Chase Your Dreams Framelits (Item Number 146826)
     Use the intricate dreamcatcher thinlit on Mint Macaron cardstock
     Cut out the word "dream", and three feathers (1 mint macaron, and 2 rich razzleberry)

Attach the mint macaron dreamcatcher to the center of the stamped dream catcher (make sure you match the center circles). Adhere the word "dream" over the top of the dream catcher.

Add the three feathers. I used dimensionals to lift the mint macaron feather. As you can see, I also added three clear rhinestones to the top of the whisper white.

As a final touch, I used Dena Renkow's famous spritzing technique. Take a Stampin Write Marker (I used rich razzleberry) and flicked the ink onto the entire white base. Thank you Dena...what a great way to finish a card!reitz.lois@gmail.com




Milk Can Card



This milk can card was inspired by a Facebook creating. The lovely demonstrator who created this also posted it on SplitCoasters.com. I did change things up a bit. The unknown creator used long green strips of "grass" and a dragonfly, but I love this milkcan, and so I just had to make this! My final version also had some "diamond" embellishments on that I did not include here.


Instructions:
Base Card: Soft Suede Cardstock:   5.5" x 4.25"
1st Mat: Crumb Cake: 5.25 x 4"
2nd Mat: Soft Suede: 5" x 3.75"
3rd Mat: Cardboard from a box: 4.5" x 3.75" (tear just a little bit of the top layer of the cardboard so that you can see the "ruffle" effect. Leave enough on to give the card interest and dimension.)

Stamp Set: "Country Home" (milk can) 
     For sentiment, you can use any stamps from "Teeny Tiny Wishes" or "And Many More"
Ink: Memento Black Ink ~ Stamp the milk can, color in with Smokey Slate Stampin Blends.
Ribbon: I used what I had on hand

Country Home Stamp set includes some lovely flower images that you can use to set just above the can, but I had a cattail die that I have in my stash. Looking outside my window at my garden shed, I found inspiration to use that cattail die. I also cut out the "grass" using the die from Lakeside Framelits (146351). Had I thought about it further, I would have added the wagon wheel from Country Roads stamp set, too.















Here I am, posing with my delightful daughter, Kelly. She is a creative editor for Rocky Mountain PBS in Denver, and she is my hero!

I continually mess up my camera, so she saves me every single time! Yes she gives me instructions, but you know how that goes! 

After fixing my goof, my hubby grabbed the camera and took this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment